..concerning making peace with Hamas for several reasons:
1. it removes the facade that one group of Palestinians want peace with Israel and one does not. Any move that shatters this fantasy is positive.
2. Free Elections are always a positive thing. The Palestinians deserve a free and fair election. They also clarify things. The Palestinian people now will have a clear choice between peace and war. They should be free to make it, and be free to take the consequences of their decision.
3. It means that both Israel and the US will now have a clear choice for their policies concerning the Arabs no more illusions.
4. Yid with lid says this:
there will be a widely, or internationally, accepted Palestine without the need to make peace with Israel. No concessions need be made. The Palestinians will get everything and give up nothing. They will not be bound in any way by border changes or security guarantees. The struggle to wipe Israel off the map can continue.
It’s Hamas’s dream come true.
Actually it is a nightmare, that means they have to function and deliver as a state, good luck keeping the support of the people when you have to actually govern.
5. Once there is an actual Palestinian state, all this nonsense about “occupation” will be over. When the Attacks continue (and they will) Israel can declare war properly, crush and defeat
them in a proper war and impose a peace.
6. Israel Matzav: The ‘peace process’ is over. Oslo is over.
I didn’t have a problem with Oslo when it happened, it was worth a shot, I do have an objection to pretending that it worked for the sake of feeling good about ourselves.