Tora Tora Tora 1970
There are many problems a one sided unquestioning media creates for the country. Much to the surprise of our friends on the left in general and Brett Kimberlin & co in particular they are discovering there are also problems created for those propped up by such a press.
When your side is so used to fawning and unquestioning press coverage that you can’t conceive of a situation where the media won’t have your back, you take foolish risks.
Case in point Robert Stacy McCain and his 32nd entry on the Brett Kimberlin saga:
Focusing on the Kimberlin-Rauhauser connection is, I think, the key to unlocking a mystery that has puzzled me and others for a while: What are they trying to hide?
The frenzied intensity of attacks we’ve seen from Team Kimberlin in the past three weeks strikes many observers as suggestive of what criminologists call “consciousness of guilt.”
A source familiar with the investigation of “Team Kimberlin” told me that recent exposures caused them to “freak out,” and that certain streams of communication between their team members suddenly went into “radio silence” mode. Meanwhile, certain of their pseudonymous online presences have begun frantically attacking those who are helping shine the light on Kimberlin, even to the point of sending veiled threats and “disinfo” messages to anyone who seems to be connected to the light-shiners.
As far as Kimberlin & Co were concerned Robert Stacy McCain was just a blogger who could be easily intimidated, particularity since he has a wife and children and is of course not Sicilian
They apparently did not know of Stacy McCain’s decades of experience in shoe leather reporting. They either didn’t know or care about his work on the Bill Sparkman case, his famous Shoe leather fund road trip. He was just another little blogger to be crushed
Who are these people who insult you, your friends and your family? Why does it give them so much pleasure to insult you? And why do they imagine that you will let the insult pass by unnoticed?
Does Charles Johnson suppose that I am a coward? Or that I am too stupid to understand when I am being insulted? Does he believe himself so infinitely superior to me that I cannot hold my own in debate with him?
Does Johnson regret his fight with Stacy McCain? It’s worth noting that before his conflict with Stacy McCain Charles Johnson had 234 Instalanches dating back to April 22nd 2002.
He has had none since.
The Kimberlin crowd’s needs are diametrically opposite to Mr. Johnson’s. While Charles wanted and craves attention their ability to succeed is directly tied to flying under the radar and not being noticed. Their decision to first go after Aaron Worthing and then Stacy who wrote about it hasn’t really worked toward that goal: to wit:
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland
- May 23: ‘He Has No F–king Soul’
- May 24: Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- May 25: KimberlinFiles.org
- May 26: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Scheduled: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Rockville, Maryland
- May 27: Brett Kimberlin’s Heiress Aunt Helping Fund His Tax-Exempt Harassment
- May 27: ERICK ERICKSON GETS SWATTED
- May 28: Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again
- May 29: Matthew Vadum Talks Brett Kimberlin
- May 29: REPORT: Aaron Walker Arrested After Maryland Hearing on Kimberlin Case UPDATE: Walker Now Released
- May 31: Aaron Walker Court Hearing Confirms Kimberlin-Rauhauser Collaboration
- June 1: Radicals Justify Their Evil by Invoking Their Presumed Moral Superiority
- June 2: When Neal Rauhauser Complained About ‘Menacing’ and ‘Cyberstalking’
- June 3: The Profoundly Dishonest Brett Kimberlin
- June 3: Raw Story Disavows Ties to Kimberlin
- June 3: Inside Neal Rauhauser’s Twisted Mind
- June 4: ‘A Faint Whiff of Vigilante Hysteria’: Weinergate’s Kimberlin Connection
- June 5: Ali Akbar Says, ‘World War Three’
- June 5: Fear and Loathing on Capitol Hill: The GOP Caucus Is Decadent and Depraved
- June 6: Walker Files Appeal in Kimberlin Case; Ali Akbar Says: ‘We’re Not Stopping.’
- June 6: Sen. Saxby Chambliss Requests DOJ Investigate SWATting
- June 7: CNN Gets Scooped on Its Own Story UPDATE: ACLJ Joins the Fight!
- June 8: NATIONAL DAY OF BLOGGER SILENCE UPDATE: Remember Seth Allen
- June 8: @AceOfSpadesHQ BREAKS SILENCE: #BrettKimberlin’s Escalating Threat
Now hundreds of blogs have written about this, My 50,000 Watt station has shouted it out to six states, ABC, FOX and (eventually) CNN has covered this story and now you have US Senators and Congressmen talking about this en masse.
We Sicilians refer to this phenomenon as “bringing the heat on everybody”
I’ve suggested that Kimberlin & Co’s funding is built on their belief that he can do their dirty work, no matter how dishonest or dishonorable, while keeping the rest of the left’s hands clean.
Unfortunately for those enablers of Kimberlin & co, Robert Stacy McCain immediately recognized this story as newsworthy and even if he haddn’t once his family was under threat there was zero chance that he would let this go until every stone is turned and every fact uncovered.
Bottom line: This is not going to end well for Kimberlin & Co, it will end even worse for the left.
As the left worries and panics of the prospect of impending doom and the swatter in question contemplates my good advice to Turn State’s evidence NOW, lets get back to the point of this article, the foolishness of the left in funding and/or defending these guys.
In a normal world operatives would be very concerned about such a person and folks like Seth Allen on the left would have been heeded instead of rejected. Instead now the left is in the state it is in with revelations coming, A reporter smelling blood and the prospect of an unfriendly justice department backed by their political enemies digging deeper come January when they have control to do so.
I submit and suggest that if the left feared and respected the media instead of assuming the 4th estate consisted entirely of the members of “Journolist” they would not be in this mess. Like a school system that gives everybody a trophy, the media pampered their friends on the left for years and like pampered students they will have to learn how the world is the hard way.
It won’t be pretty.
Update: Kimberlin now claims Swatting Patterico notes an interesting twist:
Interesting point: Kimberlin was interviewed by an ABC News reporter after his alleged SWATting, and apparently didn’t mention it. That reporter did not contact me until June 5, 2012. Her piece came out the next day, on June 6 — 6 days after Kimberlin’s alleged SWATting. Yet he does not appear to have said a word about it to her.
Via Twitchy who reports on the $10k reward via Velvet revolution. My reaction:
— Peter Ingemi (@DaTechGuyblog) June 11, 2012
I really didn’t think these guys were this stupid. Lee Stranaham pounces:
Subsequent to inquiries I made this morning, I received the following email from the Montgomery county Maryland public information office:
I searched our 911 call database for the above listed address. There was no call listed for 5/31, nor anything similar to what you described. I then searched each of our 6 districts for the entire day of 5/31 for a murder in progress, murder just occurred or murder occurred earlier call with negative results. I then spoke with our director to determine if this type of incident was brought to his attention recently and it was not. If your research proliferates any further detail that would help us to narrow down the search, please let me know. I can always check another address if you find one, but for the time being, I don’t see anything similar to what you described.
Hey since Kimberlin now claims to have been swatted maybe he can call on some democrats to sign onto this list to help him find the REAL swatters.
Update 2: Here is Kerry Pickett’s story:
Adams collected a little over 80 House signatures for her letter last Friday afternoon from her colleagues on the House floor during votes, a task rarely accomplished in such a short period of time before the weekend of a recess week. Members are known to dash out of the Capitol after final votes are taken at that particular period.
“I hope that the Attorney General takes a very hard and close look at this, because it’s putting our citizens at risk and in danger–because they’re having people arrive at their house with heightened awareness–because they had a 911 call with a report of shots fired or holding people hostage or whatever the quote-unquote 911 call was for,” Rep. Adams explained.
Some wonder if Mr. Holder will take the swat-ting issue seriously enough to take action on it through the Justice Department, as the Obama Justice Department is known for not responding to members’ requests for information in a timely manner often.
Of course he will, after all Democrat activist Brett Kimberlin now claims to be a victim.
Stacy McCain comments:
That’s actual news, you see, and not something the mainstream media can dismiss as trival and irrelevant. Once big-time political reporters (and some savvy tech journalists) start peeling that big onion and see the connections to Brett Kimberlin, to Neal Rauhauser, to the “Anonymous” hackers, to Anthony Weiner, to Andrew Breitbart, to Barbra Streisand, to the Occupy movement . . .
Trust me: I know reporters. Somewhere out there, I’m sure, Michael Isikoff and other reporters are looking at this story and recognizing what an opportunity it presents.
Of course some reporters didn’t need a congressional letter to immediately recognize this as newsworthy.