This morning as I tip toed around a house full of sleeping teenagers post graduation party I noticed this post up at Fox News:
Conservative bloggers are on heightened alert following a string of so-called “SWAT-ing” incidents and are taking precautionary measures to ensure they don’t fall victim to the potentially dangerous prank as the political blogosphere prepares for a heated election season.
Didn’t think much of it, after all I had contacted my local police May 28th, the day after we did our WCRN morning drive show concerning the SWATTINGS interviewing Stacy McCain and later that week met with them to give them details including the voice recordings of the previous swatting so they would be prepared. So the FOX piece was kinda late and no big deal.
Then I looked at the Memeorandm thread and noticed most of the links were from the left. Intrigued I took a peek at this one from the Impolitic, it started well,.
Goddess forgive me for my cynicism, because if it’s real, it’s dangerous and unacceptable
but rapidly went down hill from there.
It’s ridiculous to claim extremist left wing activists are doing this. If they’re not manufacturing these incidents themselves, then it seems more likely to me it’s some crazy fan of these fauxrage blogging specialists who was tipped over the edge by the their relentless hate mongering.
Now being a charitable person I assume that the author is almost completely ignorant of the story.
Of Aaron Worthing mega post that told of his accounts of his encounters with Brett Kimberlin.
Of Patrick Frey’s Swatting and the fallout from them.
Of Crying Wolf blog’s swatting (that for some reason gets ignored a lot)
Of the recordings of the 911 calls themselves (here is one of them)
Of the legal risks people took writing about the story
The personal toll this story has taken on many:
My family is apparently a justifiable target. And other people have faced worse than I have on this. Mandy’s been attacked for being raped. Literally. These attacks get ugly because The Ugly is actually the whole point. Nothing (and I mean No Thing) is off limits to the cowardly anonymous attack dogs because the whole goal is to create an atmosphere of crazy scattershot gunfire designed to make sane people want to run and hide.
So, Mandy and I and the other people writing about the story get tired sometimes. The entire process is flat out exhausting. Ask Patterico or Aaron Walker or Stacy McCain or Erick Erickson or Ali Akbar or Seth Allen or Mike Stack or Ace of Spades or Michelle Malkin or Brandon Darby or Dana Loesch or anyone else targeted by Team Kimberlin. Those bastards want to wear us down to shut us up.
Let’s not forget Seth Allen the very first target of Kimberlin & Co is a liberal who tried to warn his side this guy was bad news.
and of the coincidence that reported swattings and harassment all took place after the writers choose to write about Kimberlin & Co and the left’s ties to them.
Ironically the only “SWATTING” that there is legitimate doubt is Kimberlin’s tardy claim of same, as the local authorities claimed no such call.
Libby I would invite you to read through Stacy McCain’s posts on the subject and catch up.
For the sake of your convenience here is the link to the lot:
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland
- May 23: ‘He Has No F–king Soul’
- May 24: Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- May 25: KimberlinFiles.org
- May 26: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Scheduled: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Rockville, Maryland
- May 27: Brett Kimberlin’s Heiress Aunt Helping Fund His Tax-Exempt Harassment
- May 27: ERICK ERICKSON GETS SWATTED
- May 28: Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again
- May 29: Matthew Vadum Talks Brett Kimberlin
- May 29: REPORT: Aaron Walker Arrested After Maryland Hearing on Kimberlin Case UPDATE: Walker Now Released
- May 31: Aaron Walker Court Hearing Confirms Kimberlin-Rauhauser Collaboration
- June 1: Radicals Justify Their Evil by Invoking Their Presumed Moral Superiority
- June 2: When Neal Rauhauser Complained About ‘Menacing’ and ‘Cyberstalking’
- June 3: The Profoundly Dishonest Brett Kimberlin
- June 3: Raw Story Disavows Ties to Kimberlin
- June 3: Inside Neal Rauhauser’s Twisted Mind
- June 4: ‘A Faint Whiff of Vigilante Hysteria’: Weinergate’s Kimberlin Connection
- June 5: Ali Akbar Says, ‘World War Three’
- June 5: Fear and Loathing on Capitol Hill: The GOP Caucus Is Decadent and Depraved
- June 6: Walker Files Appeal in Kimberlin Case; Ali Akbar Says: ‘We’re Not Stopping.’
- June 6: Sen. Saxby Chambliss Requests DOJ Investigate SWATting
- June 7: CNN Gets Scooped on Its Own Story UPDATE: ACLJ Joins the Fight!
- June 8: NATIONAL DAY OF BLOGGER SILENCE UPDATE: Remember Seth Allen
- June 8: @AceOfSpadesHQ BREAKS SILENCE: #BrettKimberlin’s Escalating Threat
- June 10: Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, and Their Transparent Empire of Lies UPDATE: ‘Anonymous’ Connection
- June 11: Florida Rep. Sandy Adams Leads 85 House Republicans in ‘SWATting’ Letter
- June 11: #BrettKimberlin Says He Was ‘SWATted’; Why Do Maryland Cops Say Otherwise?
- June 11: HUGE! Neal Rauhauser’s Vicious Lies Exposed by Yet Another Leaked E-Mail
- June 12: ‘Team Kimberlin’ Meltdown Continues
- June 13: A High Time on the Low Road: Smears Target Brett Kimberlin’s Enemies List UPDATE: SWATting Supect ID’d?
- June 13: Time to Ask: What Did Brett Kimberlin Know and When Did He Know It?
- June 14: Patterico: ‘Certain Big Media Reporters Are Scared to Write About Kimberlin’
- June 14: ‘Real Reporter’ @NYT_JenPreston vs. Blogger @Prepostericity (Seth Allen)
- June 14: Neal Rauhauser’s Online Slander Factory
- June 15: Neal Rauhauser’s Game Plan Involving Velvet Revolution and Anonymous
I would also suggest Lee Stranahan’s site just keep scrolling.
Take a look at the story through those links and if you still think it’s BS, feel free to shout it out loudly and call BS on all involved including me.
But if you check out these post and people, if like me after studying it you like me conclude:
These stories are all newsworthy but none of them in my mind surpass what I am about to type:
At the start of the Memorial day weekend, when we celebrate and remember those who have died to protect our constitutional freedoms as elaborated in the Bill of Rights, an American Journalist and his family are in hiding for their own safety for daring to exercising those rights the men and women we honor died for.
That’s the bottom line.
and are outraged because like the Molly Norris story that the MSM ignored it’s an attack on all of our free speech rights, then I invite you to get involved.
The best bet would be simply to e-mail Stranaham, or McCain and see if they will be interviewed by you.
Update: BTW if I didn’t make it clear, take your time, a week even two, digest all the info and then see what you think.