by Datechguy | December 3rd, 2012
Tomorrow is December 4th the date scheduled for rules on the plethora of motions concerning Kimberlin v Walker are to be ruled on.
The Courts being what they are, it would not be a huge surprise if for whatever reason a continuance takes place to delay it, but lets work under the assumption for a moment that this is not the case.
With the election I have given a lot less attention to this story, except for noting the foolishness of tangling with Robert Stacy McCain.
But there have been several other developments worth noting.
1. Web Sites web sites where are the web sites?
You can’t have an argument on the internet if one side suddenly runs away:
Mike Stack informs us that Neal Rauhauser’s blog has disappeared, after two months of cranking out smears and conspiracy theories about the alleged evils of various enemies of Rauhauser and his client Brett Kimberlin. Meanwhile, Rauhauser’s pet Twitter troll, “Occupy Rebellion,” has switched her account to “private” setting.
It’s hard to amplify a voice that isn’t there and since there is no chance whatsoever that Rauhauser’s posts were not copied and archived by his foes I’m not sure how effective this will be in terms of hiding things from the court.
or as some have speculated it could be because of a law enforcement issue. Either way it’s not what someone who is winning the argument does.
2. Attacking Lee Stranahan
There was a specific attack on Lee Stranahan in an attempt to gain access to his site as Patterico reports:
Lee Stranahan got this message from his web host:
While monitoring the servers, it was brought to our attention that your domain, leestranahan.com, was undergoing a brute force attack. The purpose of the attack was meant to gain access to your wp-admin area, allowing an authorized person to have complete control of your site.
The email lists URLs of specific posts that have been attacked.
This isn’t a “bring him down” thing which is what you do to silence someone, this is a “take him over” thing. That’s what happens when someone wants to erase or change the record.
That’s not an act of strength, it’s an act of despair, but the bottom line is while Neil’s site is gone Lee’s is still here.
and of course there now that there is no longer an election to cover
3. Stacy McCain on a roll:
And, if all of that is not enough to make the story sufficiently interesting:
- Kimberlin’s associate Rauhauser is suspected of having provoked the bizarre online meltdown of former “Anonymous” spokesman Barrett Brown, who was arrested in September after threatening an FBI agent.
- Rauhauser and his associates Matt Osborne and Matt “Shoq” Edelstein were also involved in the conflict that disrupted the left-wing boycott campaign against Rush Limbaugh.
- Kimberlin, who served 17 years in federal prison, is the principle figure in two tax-exempt 501(c) organizations that have collected some $2 million in contributions since 2005, including donations from foundations connected to Barbra Streisand, George Soros, and the wife of Sen. John Kerry.
- Most recently, one of Kimberlin’s non-profits was mentioned in relation to a bogus claim that hackers had prevented Karl Rove from stealing the presidential election by taking down the Mitt Romney campaign’s “Orca” vote-counting operation. The key phrase “tidy little package” indicates this claim originated with Rauhauser.
And we haven’t even talked about the first amendment implication of this story which are considerable as a reporter who had to move his family for their own safety can attest to.
So tomorrow we find out if the story ends, continues, gets weirder or some combination thereof.
If you want to keep track of the legal filings make sure you go to Hogewash who has them. If you want to hear from one of the lawyers involved then listen to DaTechGuy on DaRadio this Saturday when I interview Dan Backer, Aaron Walker’s lawyer 10 AM EST on WCRN
But if you’ve been tied up in the election and need to catch up on the entire thing from there start, here is Stacy’s entire Kimberlin collection
If you want to catch the entire story Here are Stacy’s Links from the start
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland
- May 23: ‘He Has No F–king Soul’
- May 24: Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- May 25: KimberlinFiles.org
- May 26: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Scheduled: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Rockville, Maryland
- May 27: Brett Kimberlin’s Heiress Aunt Helping Fund His Tax-Exempt Harassment
- May 27: ERICK ERICKSON GETS SWATTED
- May 28: Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again
- May 29: Matthew Vadum Talks Brett Kimberlin
- May 29: REPORT: Aaron Walker Arrested After Maryland Hearing on Kimberlin Case UPDATE: Walker Now Released
- May 31: Aaron Walker Court Hearing Confirms Kimberlin-Rauhauser Collaboration
- June 1: Radicals Justify Their Evil by Invoking Their Presumed Moral Superiority
- June 2: When Neal Rauhauser Complained About ‘Menacing’ and ‘Cyberstalking’
- June 3: The Profoundly Dishonest Brett Kimberlin
- June 3: Raw Story Disavows Ties to Kimberlin
- June 3: Inside Neal Rauhauser’s Twisted Mind
- June 4: ‘A Faint Whiff of Vigilante Hysteria’: Weinergate’s Kimberlin Connection
- June 5: Ali Akbar Says, ‘World War Three’
- June 5: Fear and Loathing on Capitol Hill: The GOP Caucus Is Decadent and Depraved
- June 6: Walker Files Appeal in Kimberlin Case; Ali Akbar Says: ‘We’re Not Stopping.’
- June 6: Sen. Saxby Chambliss Requests DOJ Investigate SWATting
- June 7: CNN Gets Scooped on Its Own Story UPDATE: ACLJ Joins the Fight!
- June 8: NATIONAL DAY OF BLOGGER SILENCE UPDATE: Remember Seth Allen
- June 8: @AceOfSpadesHQ BREAKS SILENCE: #BrettKimberlin’s Escalating Threat
- June 10: Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, and Their Transparent Empire of Lies UPDATE: ‘Anonymous’ Connection
- June 11: Florida Rep. Sandy Adams Leads 85 House Republicans in ‘SWATting’ Letter
- June 11: #BrettKimberlin Says He Was ‘SWATted’; Why Do Maryland Cops Say Otherwise?
- June 11: HUGE! Neal Rauhauser’s Vicious Lies Exposed by Yet Another Leaked E-Mail
- June 12: ‘Team Kimberlin’ Meltdown Continues
- June 13: A High Time on the Low Road: Smears Target Brett Kimberlin’s Enemies List UPDATE: SWATting Supect ID’d?
- June 13: Time to Ask: What Did Brett Kimberlin Know and When Did He Know It?
- June 14: Patterico: ‘Certain Big Media Reporters Are Scared to Write About Kimberlin’
- June 14: ‘Real Reporter’ @NYT_JenPreston vs. Blogger @Prepostericity (Seth Allen)
- June 14: Neal Rauhauser’s Online Slander Factory
- June 15: Neal Rauhauser’s Game Plan Involving Velvet Revolution and Anonymous
- June 16: Team Kimberlin’s Busted Hustle Now Beginning to Unravel Rapidly UPDATE: Perhaps Not a Coincidence
- June 17: ‘Scrubbed’ Writings Show Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser’s Obsessions
- June 18: The Kimberlin Files: Ali Akbar, the Fight for Liberty and … a Disturbing Silence
- June 19: Neal Rauhauser’s Criminal Complaint Against Blogger Greg W. Howard
- June 19: Neal Rauhauser: Internet Super-Spy!
- June 20: ‘Persona Management’ for Wackjobs: Rauhauser’s Methods of Deception
- June 21: Recording: Leader of Anti-Limbaugh Effort Brags About Obama Campaign Ties
- June 21: ‘Iowa Boy,’ ‘Stranded Wind’ and the Sadistic Personality of Neal Rauhauser
- June 22: E-Mails Expose MSNBC Host’s Involvement in #StopRush Boycott
- June 22: BREAKING: Motion Filed Seeking Federal Injunction on Behalf of Blogger
- June 23: Imani Gandy, #StopRush and Neal Rauhauser: Confirmation and Credibility
- June 23: Neal Rauhauser’s Bizarre Suspicions, and Profiling the (Hypothetical) ‘UnSub’
- June 24: The Silence of Mark Singer; Also: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Monday
- June 25: UPDATED: Aaron Walker Granted Emergency Order in Maryland Hearing, Calls Ruling ‘Important Victory’
- June 25: Aaron Walker SWATted?
- June 26: Conspiracy Theorist ‘Qritiq’ Conspires Against Neal Rauhauser’s Targets
- June 26: #TCOT #BrettKimberlin #SWATting Important Event 9:30 p.m. ET Tonight!
- June 27: Professor Glenn ‘Exhibit E’ Reynolds
- June 27: ‘The Gaped Crusader’: Brett Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser Stalked and Taunted SWATting Victim Patrick Frey
- June 29: Convicted Perjurer Brett Kimberlin Has 8:30 a.m. Hearing in Maryland Today
- June 30: UPDATE: Lying Felon Brett Kimberlin Scores a Draw in Maryland Hearing
- July 1: ‘I Know This All Sounds Crazy, But …’
- July 2: Neal Rauhauser’s War on Women
- July 2: A Drawer Full of Sockpuppets: Another Neal Rauhauser ‘Persona’ Exposed
- July 3: Freedom Is Under Attack: Help the National Bloggers Club Fight Back
- July 12: Brett Kimberlin: ‘I Want to Be Left Alone’
- July 16: How’s Your Gaelic, Neal Rauhauser?
- Aug. 6: EXCLUSIVE: Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser Accuses Brandon Darby of Fake SWAT Calls, ‘Obstruction of Justice’
- Aug. 10: Brett Kimberlin Will Have to Answer Questions Under Penalty of Perjury
- Aug. 19: Neal Rauhauser Again? Yet Another Conspiracy Theory Smear Emerges
- Sept. 2: Kimberlin-Rauhauser Axis Targets Romney Campaign Staffer Bill Murphy
- Sept. 17: The ‘Accuse the Accusers’ Strategy: Attempting to Explain Social Engineering
- Sept. 18: Walker v. Kimberlin Case Moves Forward
- Sept. 21: Exit, Lying: Smear Site Quits After Being Named Walker v. Kimberlin Defendant
- Sept. 22: Neal Rauhauser’s Crazy-Evil Obsession
- Sept. 24: The Best Revenge: Ohio-Bound
- Oct. 2: ‘Someone Trying to Breathe Life into a Three-Year Old Dead Horse’
- Oct. 20: Neal Rauhauser, Who Drove Barrett Brown Off the Deep End, Continues Unrelenting Harassment of His Targets
- Oct. 21: Your Honor, May I Direct the Court’s Attention to Exhibit J, Please? UPDATE: Who Is ‘Forced to Engage’?
- Oct. 23: Is ‘Jailhouse Lawyer’ Brett Kimberlin Heading to Grief in Virginia Case?
- Oct. 25: Neal Rauhauser, Fugitive?
- Oct. 26: Neal Rauhauser as Carlito2000: How Barrett Brown Went Down
- Nov. 2: E-MAIL TO LARRY SINCLAIR
- Nov. 4: Monsters on the Internet: Sociopathic Sadism and Bill Schmalfeldt’s Madness
- Nov. 19: UPDATE: Walker v. Kimberlin, Et Al. (Also: Why ‘Doxing’ Is Always Illegal)
- Nov. 20: Skepticism, Balance and Error: A Brief Note on Kimberlin-Rauhauser Apologists
- Nov. 23: @Karoli: Weiner Truther? And Other Questions of Remaining Interest
- Nov. 23: ‘Tidy’ and Other Rauhauser Signatures
- Nov. 24: Pray for Ten Thousand Angels
- Nov. 28: ‘Neal Sounded Weird’ — Did Rauhauser Interfere in a Texas Harassment Case?
- Nov. 28: U.S. District Court in Maryland Dismisses Walker v. Kimberlin Federal Lawsuit
- Nov. 30: Auto-Marginalization: @BrooksBayne Decides to Jew-Bait (!) Aaron Walker
- Nov. 30: Neal Rauhauser Goes Dark? UPDATE: Law Enforcement?
That’s 93 stories over six months, most of them before the election that he covered extensively. Can you imagine where this would be if this had not been an election year?
Update: Lee Stranahan forced to re-locate site thanks to free speech advocates his new/temp site Stranahan in Exile is here.