Margaret Blaine: If I were to be arrested, then anyone capable of tracking me down would have considerable technology of their own. Therefore, they would be captivated by the extrapolator. Especially a magpie mind like yours, Doctor.
Doctor Who Boomtown 2005
To an identity thief, hacker or virus guy the news about the Doctor Who season finale would be the greatest opening to hack bank accounts, paypal accounts etc that I’ve ever seen.
A goldmine exists for them in five easy steps.
1. Step 1 Create an intrusive Hack that steals everything from a computer.
2. Upload it to various torrent sites under the title Dr. Who Name of the Doctor or even smarter srwS7e13 or some variation suggesting that this hack is in fact Next week’s episode of Doctor Who The Name of the Doctor.
3. Leak word that it’s there on a fan board.
4. Sit back and wait for Doctor Who Fanatics to come and play.
5. Repeat daily till Friday.
To my fellow Dr. Who fans I say this: Guys unless you have less than 1 week to live, I’d wait till Saturday.
Update: This post is getting a ton of traffic from Reddit, this isn’t about trying to hack a Doctor Who fan’s PC it’s about advising Dr. Who fans to wait till Saturday for a show rather than searching for a torrent & getting hacked because they can’t wait a few days.