God Damn you don’t cheer me…Fight!
General Phil Sheridan 1864
There have already been minor signs that the left is not hopeful for the 2014 midterm elections but yesterday the democrats and the administration gave a giant sign that they see disaster ahead:
Businesses won’t be penalized next year if they fail to provide workers health insurance after the Obama administration decided to delay a key requirement under its signature 2010 health-care law.
The government will postpone enforcement of the so-called employer mandate until 2015, the administration said today. Under the provision, companies with 50 or more workers face a fine of as much as $3,000 per employee if they don’t offer affordable insurance.
With Barack Obama no longer on the ballot there is no incentive for black America to turn out to prevent him from being considered a one term failure (Which was apparently more important to Black America than actually having a failed president for four more years and living with the consequences).
This makes it imperative that the low information voters who still haven’t figured out what Obamacare is going to do to them, don’t see what coming, at least not during this election cycle anyway.
But you don’t want people to know you’ve delayed it. After all some democrats are still touting Obamacare and Democrats operatives still insist Obamacare will create jobs, become popular, clear your acne, get you laid and make the need for Viagra totally unnecessary. How do you delay it without the public noticing?
The answer is this you leak out the news two days before the fourth of July while congress is out-of-town, the President is in Africa, George Zimmerman is on trial, almost every single news anchor is on vacation and a vast amount of Americans are paying less attention than ever.
That tells you how afraid they are, they know the move is needed to help in 2014 but don’t dare have anyone who isn’t paying attention realize it. What does that tell me the GOP should do for election 2014?
“Ride right through them, etc etc etc”
Now during the LAST Election Cycle when I pointed out each and every move the left made that indicated demoralization (Little did I know they were demoralized as hell enough to use the IRS to stop the tea party but I digress) I didn’t bother to give Mitt Romney & the GOP advice on what to do with it because I foolishly believed that the Mitt Romney campaign was run by smart people who realized elections aren’t beanbag.
Unfortunately, little did I realize that even with the White House at state, the GOP establishment in general and the Romney Campaign in particular were only interested in playing hardball when facing their base or the tea party.
So from now on when do a: Demoralized as hell post: I’m going to tell them how to ride right through them.
Here is what needs to be done:
1. Conservative bloggers: We need to write about it. If we live in Democrat districts we need to ask our Dem Reps attending 4th of July Parades ON CAMERA what they think of this move and post it and when we write about the races in the future we need to constantly reference and reinforce it. We also need to challenge potential Democrat candidates on this question in every race that we have access to.
2. Tea parties: We need letters to the editor by members and op-eds from the local chapter presidents written to run from Sunday to Monday to make sure it is seen
3. Potential GOP congressional candidates for House and the senate need to guest themselves on local Radio & TV and talk about this, make sure if you appear during the weekend or Monday you bring this up.
4. The House leadership: You have two options one is bolder than the other but whichever choice you make PUSH IT:
PLAN A. Extremely Bold: The House could bring up a vote mandating the immediate implementation of Obamacare.
Such a bill puts the democrats on the spot, if democrats in the house are smart and vote against it en masse you can make it a practically unanimous vote and you have a talking point that MUST be repeated by every member on every show: Obamacare is so bad the democrats practically voted unanimously to not implement it.
If they are dumb enough vote for it, generate enough votes to send it to the senate, saying: “We disagree but the Democrats insist Obamacare is vital so in the spirit of co-operation we’re going to give them a chance to prove it”.
The senate is where the real action is
Harry Reid now has a choice, does he bring up the vote and have his 21 democrats running for re-election including all the swing seat democrats vote for this or does he dodge?
You want him in that spot every single day and you want every single GOP challenger in those 21 districts to be pushing this question.
The risk: Dems pass this, the train wreck comes early and the GOP gets some blame for it but it comes pre-election.
Plan B: Less bold Offer a bill to mandate that no provisions of Obamacare are implemented till all are.
The argument is simple, Obamacare has been the law of the land for 3 years and it’s coming in piecemeal. This is making it harder and harder. The bill would simply mandate that the three-year old law’s provisions are all implemented together.
Since this law is supposedly so beneficial what is the case of the democrats saying no? If they maintain it takes time to do so point out it they’ve already had 3 years and continue to PUSH it.
5. The Base: Yes you dear reader has a part in this. When bloggers post about it, Tea Party members write their letters, potential GOP candidates talk about it and a GOP congress use their tactic, TALK about it. Put it on Facebook, on twitter, make sure your friends and neighbors those low information voters see it. Amply our voice as we try to amply yours.
and that is how you Ride Right Through them.
Yesterday was an invisible day for the Tip jar. Unfortunately the Bills don’t care if it’s a holiday week or no and I’m still $203 shy of my first full paycheck since May.
If you think I’m worth it consider hitting DaTipJar below.