You might recall I nominated Pam Geller for Most Influential Blogger well Pam has accepted the nomination and answered the seven questions I submitted but didn’t announce at the time:
1. How different would your blog be if you had started it ten years before 9/11?
LML. It would be unrecognizable. It would be fashion, music, art. I’d be a helluva lot more popular, that’s for sure.
2. How often do you hear from Muslims who support what you do but wish to remain quiet out of fear?
I more often hear from Muslims begging me for help. They have read the Quran and understand what is commanded of them, and they want no part of it. But when they share their feelings with their families, they put their lives in danger, and they need help.
3. Do you still find stories in Radical Islam that surprise you?
No, but the word radical still surprises me.
As for jihad surprising me, I have seen too much on a daily basis. Recently, the jihadist in Syria ate the heart of an adversary. That was monstrous, but the nonchalent response by the media and the intelligentsia was more surprising. The BBC did a sympathetic piece. I was surprised they didn’t entitle it “Hungry for Love.”
The Rolling Stone cover of the Boston jihad bomber ……
4. You seem to shrug off death threats the way people comb hair out of their eyes, where does this strength come from?
I am fighting for freedom. Life is not worth living without freedom. If we don’t fight now, when? When the death threat becomes …… law?
5. A rather somber question, if tomorrow your foes managed to silence you, other than the obvious answer (Robert Spencer’s Jihad Watch) where would recommend your readers go to stay informed about Radical Islam.
The Religion of Peace.com
6. You’ve become a blogging icon, how has that notoriety affected family & friends?
Family is family. And everyone who is in my circle is a huge cheerleader.
7. You have a great love for classic movies when did you develop this?
Since 1943….. just kidding.
All of my life. I ran home from elementary school to watch the “The 4:30 Movie.” Every day they would run an old movie, viciously edited to fit a 90-minute slot (with commercials). But it still, so great. A truly original and brilliant American art form.
I think many years from now when Radical Islam is defeated, people will read about Pam Geller in History books and be amazed that she stood fast with all against her. Young women will imagine being her fighting the fight she won.