Capt. Spock: She can out-run us and out-gun us. But there is the Mutara Nebula at one five three mark four.
Admiral Kirk: Scotty, can we make it inside?
Mr. Scott: The energiser’s bypassed like a Christmas tree, …so don’t give me too many bumps.
Capt Kirk: No promises. On your way.
Mr. Saavik: Trouble with the nebula, sir, is all that static discharge and gas clouds our tactical display. Visual won’t function and shields will be useless.
Capt Spock: Sauce for the goose, Mister Saavik. The odds will be even.
Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn 1982
There is a lot to say about the FBI bombshell that dropped yesterday on the 2016 campaign but what struck me the most about it was how it illustrated how helpless a Democrat campaign in general and Hillary Clinton’s campaign in particular is without their normal advantages.
Consider, for years we conservatives have been stating that the media are simply an extension of the Democratic party working to elect them. This is done in several ways
- Promoting state & local stories to national ones that favor a Democrat meme
- Ignoring state & local stories to national ones that favor a Democrat meme
- Coordinating stories with Democrats so they are ready to exploit favorable ones and answer unfavorable ones when they are released.
- Creating an United meme so a particular theme is pushed through out media.
And unlike the past when we could produce data supporting this, now we have Wikileaks actually demonstrating how this has been going on in their own words.
That brings us to the re-opening of the FBI investigation of the Clinton emails.
For only the 2nd time in the campaign the Democrats and media in general and the Hillary Clinton Campaign in particular were caught flat footed on a story.
- It was a story released without their control thus they could not kill it
- It was a story released through the national law enforcement agency so they could not ignore it.
- Because they did not have control they were unable to answer or defend the story.
- Because they were unable to coordinate they did not have a united meme ready to push to the public
They found themselves like a boxer who had been fed a steady diet of opponents taking dives suddenly facing an opponent who is not on the take or like Kahn once he entered the Mutara Nebula they found themselves having to fight on a level playing field.
The GOP will only have a few days of advantage, Hillary still owns the refs (read MSM) and by the time this piece goes up they might even now have settled on a coordinated message/meme to answer this stuff, but for at least two days you’ll be able to see how a Clinton Administration will deal with an unexpected crisis if in power.
It should be quite informative to voters.
If you’d like to help support independent non MSM journalism and opinion please consider hitting DaTipJar
Please consider Subscribing. Right now our subscribers consist of 1/50 of 1% of our total unique visitors based on last years numbers.
If we can get another 150 subscribers at $10 a month (another 1/10 of 1% of those who have visited this year) We can meet our annual goals with no trouble, with the same number of subscribers at $20 a month I could afford to cover the presidential campaign outside of New England firsthand.
And of course at that price you get the Da Magnificent Seven plus those we hope to add on and all subscribers get my weekly podcast emailed directly to you before it goes up anywhere else.