Well the Great Electoral College broo ha ha has ended as it was always going to with Donald Trump winning the presidency of the United States.
While this outcome is no surprise it did accomplish several goals of varying degrees of value.
For the Media it not only gave them content vital to keep from covering both the continued failures of the administration both domestically and abroad and the continued success of Trump to both please conservatives. It also gave them an excuse to continue to push the Russia Hack Meme that for some reason the administration doesn’t seem to want to brief congress on.
For the left it was also effective, it accomplished similar things, distracting the voters of the left from their massive electoral failures outside of the State of California, allowing them to push the Russia Hack meme distracting both voters in general and their own people that not only that the Wikileaks folks claim disgusted Dems gave them the info but that said hack, if it took place at all, publicly displayed not only the cyber security ineptitude of the party (and it’s nominee) and the fact that it put the mendacity and deceit of their leaders on full display, but most important it was a fundraising tool to get one last but of cash from gullible donors that they had failed under the guise of doing something.
But for us on the right and conservatives we had the best of all worlds.
- It demonstrated that all the pronouncements of prominent leftists and pundits in media concerning faithless electors as the smoke and mirrors that it was.
- It drew vital time and funds from the left that might have been used to actually combat our agenda.
- It demonstrated the ineffectiveness of leftist professors, leftists pundits in print, digital media and on TV, and celebrities who loudly urged electors to defect.
- It demonstrated the violent and undemocratic tendencies of the left by the bullying and intimidation attempts on electors which serves to further alienate voters from the radial left.
- For all their rage they only managed to move two Trump electors and ironically cost Hillary 100% more votes than Trump.
- Its failure further demoralized a left already demoralized and will likely drive more ultra radical to the greens which will pay dividends in future elections.
And of course the best part….
- It gives us one more reason to laugh at them.
As Rush Limbaugh often said, when liberals are in power, they’re scary, when their out of power, they’re crazy.