I really like Morning Joe, I like Joe, I like Mika, I like Barnicle. They drive me nuts a lot because I DO like them. If I didn’t I wouldn’t care. (its the same way with Andrew Sullivan, he was one of the first blogs I ever read and when he went over the hill it hurt because I remember how great he used to be)
Today on Twitter he is doing a pubic service in a series of tweets explaining the political stunt used by Democrats who rather have a political point than help for 9/11 responders.
His tweets in sequence:
For those who don’t understand King/Weiner debate, here are the facts….
1. You need 218 votes to pass a bill under regular order in the House of Representatives.
2. Pelosi had over 250 votes to pass the 9/11 bill to help NY firefighters and cops.
3. Pelosi and Democrats chose to bring up the bill in a way that would require a 2/3rds vote, effectively killing the bill.
4. This procedure is called a “suspension” vote and is for non-controversial measures like naming post offices.
5. Pelosi could have ruled Republican amendments out of order and still taken the majority-wins vote.
I know many rabid ideologues don’t let facts get in the way, but House leaders chose to kill a 9/11 relief bill they could have passed.
Some might think this is unnecessary, but you should never assume that just because you know something other people do as well. People have to be constantly reminded by nature.