For some reason this post is missing. So I am re-posting it today.
Continuing my weekly writeup of the tech services I’m offering remotely we get to the Anti-virus service:
Is your system infected with a virus? Are you plagued with popups etc? Let the DaTechguy remotely connect to your system from here in Boston and clean it up.
What I will do:
* I will take control of your system
* I will clean out temp files
* I will update the system
* I will remove virus’ from the system
* I will if necessary install a secondary browser
* I will suggest and if you wish install anti-virus software
* I will suggest ways to avoid virus’s in the future
* If your system can’t be cleaned I will help you reinstall your operating system
What I won’t do:
* I won’t guarantee you will not get re-infected since I can’t control what you do with your system after I’m finished with it.
* I won’t establish an internet connection for you if you don’t have one working at the time we start
* I won’t backup your system with this service.
* I won’t install service Pack 2 I will give you the link to the download but the install is up to you.
* I won’t install service pack 3, on occasion I’ve seen problems on systems after the install, you can do it If you want
* On a Vista system I won’t install Service Pack 1. I’ve seen too many issues with it but I will give you the link if you want it.
* I won’t be responsible for any program or device that works differently after cleaning.
If you system meets the following minimums then I can help you if it does not then I can’t.
A high speed internet connect (DSL or better) that is working
A Microsoft based computer running windows XP service Pack 2 or better
At least 256 mb of Ram.
If you don’t know the values on your system on XP right click on MY COMPUTER and choose PROPERTIES or choose SYSTEM in control panel. If you can’t access this info due to a virus I will take that into consideration .
Who is DaTechGuy and why should I give him my money or let him in my system?
I am computer technician from central Massachusetts. I’ve been doing working with computers since programming or support for 20 years. I was one of the original (took the first call) techs at a company called HiWired , which did tech support for Ctrl-Center, Comcast and several other companies. In November 2008 we were all let go so I’m striking out on my own for now.
How are you going to connect to my system?
I will be using a piece of licensed software called LogMeIn Rescue to allow the connection between our systems. Your keyboard and mouse will become my keyboard and mouse and I will do the work as if I was in front of your PC?
How will we start the initial connection?
After receiving payment I will contact you to arrange a time to start the connection via either a code or an e-mail.
What if I can’t get my system connected to yours?
If I can’t establish the connection then I’ll either walk you through the reinstall of your operating system or refund you.
How long will it take?
No way to say for sure depends on the speed of your system and the speed of the tools I use on it.
What if I lose my connection?
The system should re-connect automatically if it doesn’t after a period of time I’ll give you a call or e-mail to arrange to re-connect.
How will I know when you are done?
I will leave a note on your system or send you an e-mail to that effect.
Should I back up my system before this is done?
Very much so if possible see the question below.
At what point do we just re-install?
If after 24 hours I can’t clean the system or the system becomes so unstable that we can’t continue then we will start the reinstall process you will need to provide or acquire the cd’s necessary for this.
Does having an anti-virus mean I won’t get a virus?
Good thing I was not drinking when you asked. Absolutely not, risky user behavior, teenagers, and fraud are the primary causes of infection.
Hey my system is ok, but my parents , brothers, grandparents system is infected, can I buy this as a gift?
Sure, contact me and we will setup the details.
What if I have any questions that you haven’t answered here?
Contact me. My e-mail is da -tech -guy- At — Comcast.net (without the spaces and the dashes trying to beat the spam bots you know)
Can I use my computer while You’re working on it?