The Muslim Brotherhood is out in Egypt and the media has been….interesting.
All over CNN there is misery as Wolf Blitzer continues to stress the “thousands” of Muslim Brotherhood supporters and emphasize the “legitimacy” of the Morsi government.
On MSNBC Richard Engel gave MSNBC views what is really the first idea that the Muslim Brotherhood might actually consist of radical Islamists. I’m sure the views were shocked SHOCKED.
Fox seems to be focusing on if there will be clashes between the two sides and if the Muslim Brotherhood will fight and what is happening.
I suggest prayers for the people in Egypt and hope their make wise choices and the questions become:
1. Will the Muslim Brotherhood Moderate? No.
2. Will they fight? That’s the big question. if they are smart no, if they lose (and they will against the Military) they become the weak horse and Islamists will be in crisis all over the Middle East but they might figure it is their best shot and maybe only shot to get Egypt back in the short term.
3. Will the Christians be protected? I wouldn’t bet on it.
4. Will there be a less sharia compliant constitution? I suspect slightly
5. Will there be full and free elections? I wouldn’t bet money on it
6. Will the avg Egyptian be better off? Slightly, being free of the Muslim Brotherhood is good but will the military share the wealth? That is the key question.
My prediction: We will end up with 17th Century France with the Military as Richelu. I suspect there will be an election and a “democratic” government but the Military will make sure nothing take place that will put them in a war with Israel that they will lose or risk their monetary control of the country.
As for the US. This is both a victory and a defeat for the US in this respect.
It is s defeat for the US because Obama and Mrs. Clinton backed the losing guy they are linked to the failed regime and the people don’t trust them.
It is a victory because the actual interest of the United States, an Egypt not controlled by Islamists or likely to go to war with Israel, has an excellent chance of happening.
The question becomes if that victory is consistent with the goals of Barack Obama
Update: Two key updates, first from PJ media & Bridget Johnson
After the Egyptian military announced the end of Mohamed Morsi’s rule flanked by both Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox Pope Tawadros II and Grand Mufti Ahmed al-Tayeb, Islamists began predicting a purge of their kind in the new democratic Egypt.
The Muslim Brotherhood was not represented among the opposition leaders joining the leaders of Egypt’s two largest faiths and the powerful military figures.“It is wonderful to see the Egyptian people taking back their stolen revolution in a peaceful way,” the Coptic pope said in a statement Tuesday.
What’s interesting is that the banners are anti-Obama, not anti-America.
CAIR, ISNA, MSA, MSU all of them are on a jihad to save the Muslim Brotherhood. It is of course, sheer poetry that the vicious Muslim Brotherhood was overthrown on the eve of Independence day. 80 years ago today, the Muslim Brotherhood was founded. Today, the Egyptians cut the MBs head off.
Security forces found explosives in the apartment, as well as military and police uniform. A security source told Egyptian newspaper Al-Ahram that the four were members of Hamas.