Since that paid arbiter of moral truth Oliver Willis has set himself as the judge establishing that an unwillingness to consider a Muslim for a Cabinet position makes one a bigot, I have some questions for him:
1. To my knowledge no president has appointed a member of the Muslim faith to a cabinet post to this date, does this mean all previous presidents are bigots?
2a. (this should be easy) Please list 10 American Muslims who you believe are qualified to be members of the Cabinet and which cabinet posts are they qualified for. As this would naturally be a very long list please narrow your list to Democrats.
2b. Given the above mentioned list of qualified Democrats that you have compiled, what current cabinet member will you call on to resign so a qualified Muslim can be appointed?
3a. Will you call on President Obama to appoint a qualified Muslim to the cabinet to demonstrate he is not a bigot?
3b. Given during his tenure Kenesaw Mountain Landis insisted that there was no rule excluding black Americans from MLB yet no team had a single black player in their system during that time, how does the lack of a Muslim in President Obama’s Cabinet differ from Judge Landis’ actions in terms of bigotry?
4. As a supporter of Democrats and an opponent of Bigotry will you require all democratic future Democratic presidential candidates to pledge to appoint at least one qualified American Muslim to the Cabinet? Would the failure to sign or act on such a pledge constitute bigotry?
5. Will you immediately call upon every current Democratic Governor to immediately appoint at least one qualified American Muslim to their state cabinet? Would the failure to act on the part of any Democratic governor constitute bigotry?
6. Assuming that, like myself, you don’t belief in any religious test for any public office; Would you disqualify from office, a cabinet position, or the Supreme Court a faithful Roman Catholic or a Faithful Muslim based on opposition to Gay Marriage or Abortion?
6b. If you answered “Yes” how does that not amount to a religious test?
7. To my knowledge there has never been a Sikh or a Hindu appointed to a cabinet position, does that make all current and former presidents prejudiced against Sikhs and Hindus?
8. As a supporter of Democrats and an opponent of Bigotry will you act per 4 & 5 above on behalf of American Sikhs and Hindus?
9. Over the last 40 years 50% of all republican senators from Massachusetts have been black. Over that same time period 0% of all Democratic senators have been Black, does that mean that Massachusetts Democrats are bigots?
Those of us who want to avoid the taint of bigotry anxiously await your response