Marion Cunningham: …and when the fire goes out and the last marshmallow is eaten they’ll go into the woods and…OH MY GOD! (dishes crashing)
Reg: What’s the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can’t have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
Reg: It’s symbolic of his struggle against reality.
Monty Python: The Life of Brian 1979
Remember the old movie Porky’s where the boys had a hole in the wall so they could watch the girls shower? Welcome to 21st century Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Department of Education on Friday issued directives for handling transgender students, including allowing them to use the bathrooms or play on the sports teams that correspond to the gender with which they identify.
It gets better:
The document said whether a student identifies as a boy or girl is up to the student or, in the case of younger students, the parents.
The lawsuits will be spectacular. You disagree? Consider:
You’re a teacher or guidance counselor. A boy goes into the girls shower room, you try to eject him he identifies himself as “gender neutral” or “confused”.
You lay one hand on him, say one thing to him, suggest for even a single moment that he might be faking and now you have a discrimination lawsuit on your hands, the school district’s hands and the city’s hands. Such a suit would be worth at least tens of thousands of dollars.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you think for ONE MINUTE you won’t find high school boys horny & desperate enough to try to pull this?
2. Do you for ONE MINUTE that it will be difficult to find a personal injury lawyer or any lawyer not able to find gainful employment who won’t take this kind of suit?
3. Do you think for ONE MINUTE that such an administrator or school aide in this economy will risk their job, add the good benefits that come with a public school position to stop such a boy?
4. Do you think for ONE MINUTE in this age of phantom disability claims you such a student or family will be able to find a psychologist to testify to the boys “confusion” and demand the school cover the expense of regular professional counseling?
5. Do you think for ONE MINUTE that a school facing such a suit and worried that a radical group will decide to make an “example” of them on behalf will not settle, even if its a low 5 figure amount to make such a suit go away?
Who needs a hole in the wall of the girls shower anymore? In Massachusetts all you need is a teenager desperate enough to see actual naked girls in the shower and viola you have access, and if those girls cover up, or scream or run into a stall to avoid you, remember THEY are the ones being unreasonable:
Scott said disciplining students who won’t acknowledge a student’s gender identity is appropriate because it amounts to bullying
Got that? If you girls don’t totally welcome Pee Wee into your locker room you are a BULLY and we all know how bad bullying is!
And we haven’t even gotten to any ADULTS who might be at the school for whatever reason who claim different gender.
And remember these are the guidelines issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Education Department!
The irony? This “progressive” change is going to have it’s greatest traumatic effect on, you guessed it, young girls for a start. And because more affluent parents will be able to send their daughters to private or Catholic schools it will be the young girls of the poorest who will bear the burden.
The headline? Mass Department of Ed issues Transgender Guidelines, Women & Minorities hardest hit.
Just remember we NEED public schools to make sure our kids get a quality education so they can get a job. I don’t know about a job but the kids are going to get an education all right.
via Culture news
Update: The word Not didn’t belong in the paragraph beginning The Irony… corrected