Willie Wonka: So shines a good deed in a weary world
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 1971
It’s been over a year since I added to my “30 tips to stay married 30 years” list mostly because I couldn’t think of any new ones past 22 but today one hit me.
DaWife and I went out to lunch and on the way back I stopped at the dollar store to buy reading glasses as I’m constantly losing or breaking them. As I was checking out I noticed a bunch of balloons and one of them said “princess” I bought it at once and had the clerk put it in a bag so DaWife wouldn’t see me coming out with it.
She was absolutely delighted and the smile has not left her face.
All that for the investment of a dollar.
So when you’re out make it a point to notice things like that because an inexpensive gift like that can make all the difference.
DaTips so far (sorry due to the site problems no direct links available) UPDATE Now that we’ve moved links we’ve got links!
- #1 Choose Wisely
- #2 A Long Engagement
- #3 Get Married in Church
- #4 Don’t Write Your Own Vows
- #5 Set Limits Early
- $6 Live Modestly
- #7 Embrace Your Mother-In-Law
- #8 If Possible Take Advantage of Your Parent’s Advice
- #9 Don’t Diss your Spouse to your friends
- #10 Remember Birthdays and Anniversaries
- #11 NEVER DISS YOUR SPOUSE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- #12 Pray
- #13 Angry Gifts
- #14 Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
- #15 Carefully Choose the Hills Worth Dying On
- #16 Avoid Temptation & Suspicion
- #17 Have an Argument Escape Plan (and or let your spouse use their’s)
- #18 Don’t spoil the kids, particularly early
- #19 A United Front
- #20 Remember Marriage is Work
- #21 Maintain Surprise
- #22 Ignore the Jones