Old Lodge Skins: Am I still in this world?
Little Big Man: Yes Grandfather
Old Lodge Skins: Egh. I was afraid of that.Little Big Man 1970
There are going to be days that you start angry.
Maybe you had a bad day at work, maybe you got up 1st and saw your spouse or one of the kids left something out that they weren’t supposed to or maybe you just woke up in a pissy mood.
The surest way to make sure things stay that way is to pass that bad start off.
It’s axiomatic that 1st impressions are very important, that’s not just when it comes to meeting people for the 1st time but it also applies to individual days.
If when you see your spouse the 1st things out of your mouth are a scold, that start is going to frame the rest of the day for the entire family and if it happens often it has the potential to make a lot of trouble in the long run.
Life can be really tough, don’t make the day tougher by starting it the wrong way.
(Yes it’s been another long wait between tips but sometimes the tips come to mind and sometimes they don’t)
The 30 tips so far
- #1 Choose Wisely
- #2 A Long Engagement
- #3 Get Married in Church
- #4 Don’t Write Your Own Vows
- #5 Set Limits Early
- $6 Live Modestly
- #7 Embrace Your Mother-In-Law
- #8 If Possible Take Advantage of Your Parent’s Advice
- #9 Don’t Diss your Spouse to your friends
- #10 Remember Birthdays and Anniversaries
- #11 NEVER DISS YOUR SPOUSE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- #12 Pray
- #13 Angry Gifts
- #14 Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
- #15 Carefully Choose the Hills Worth Dying On
- #16 Avoid Temptation & Suspicion
- #17 Have an Argument Escape Plan (and or let your spouse use their’s)
- #18 Don’t spoil the kids, particularly early
- #19 A United Front
- #20 Remember Marriage is Work
- #21 Maintain Surprise
- #22 Ignore the Jones
- #23 The Dollar Store is Your Friend