I noticed this post at Stacy McCain’s site about a big time liberal Bernie Socialist voter who works in a Nursing Home in NY and is both:
- Angry at the democrats for the Biden/Harris Ticket as not radical enough
- Angry at Andrew Cuomo over his Covid response.
That reminded me of the axiom that people are always conservative about things that pertain to them. For example the elites of the left champion public schools and deride charter schools, while making sure their kids aren’t anywhere near them.
So it hit me that the best way to explain to a woke Biden voter that all of this 2+2=5 stuff that will continue to be pushed if he is elected is dangerous is to give them real life examples of where that comes into play.
So let me ask you, oh Biden/Bernie voter these questions:
- Will you feel comfortable having your breaks fixed by a mechanic who has been taught that hydraulic force manipulation is racist western concept?
- Will you feel comfortable driving over a bridge built by an engineer who has been taught that the Bridge Weight Gross Weight Formula is a racist western concept?
- Will you feel comfortable getting a prescription for your medication if the person determining your dosage has been taught that 2+2=4 is a racist western concept?
- Will you feel comfortable getting a replacement heart valve designed by someone taught that 2+2=4 is a racist western concept or put in by a surgeon who has been taught the same?
- Will you feel comfortable renting an apartment or buying a house designed by a person who has been taught that the formula to calculate load bearing beams is a racist western concept?
- If you were an insurance company would you insure any of the people or devices unless there was a clause voiding coverage if any of them worked under the assumptions taught that I listed above. I’ve listed above?
When you choose to vote Biden and surrender in the culture wars to the radical left that now runs our universities, this is what you are voting for.
A lot of people think the riots are the most dangerous thing that the Democrats are pushing but those can be beaten back, but if you lose the basic building blocks of science and engineering, your society never progresses again.
It’s your choice but if you’re going to make choice, do it with your eyes wide open.
Closing thought: I submit and suggest if we had people teaching this at the time of the creation of the TVA we would not have the Raccoon Lake Battery today:
Raccoon Mountain Lake is not your typical Tennessee Valley Authority lake. Carved out of the top of a mountain just west of Chattanooga, its purpose is to store excess energy produced by the TVA when it is generating more hydro and nuclear electricity than is being consumed. The excess energy is used to pump water uphill from the Tennessee River. During periods of peak demand, the water is sent back down, running 1,080 feet through a tunnel in the mountain and generating electricity as it returns to the river. In effect, the lake is a battery. It can generate 1.6 million kw hours of electricity per day. Here’s a time-lapse video of it filling back up after being emptied to generate electricity.