The September indulgence calendars for those who have taken up this devotion that we stated on the site is now up.
As before both the regular indulgence calendar with names for you to earn indulgences for that day, and a blank indulgence calendar for those who wish to fill in your own names in or take it as a template to create your own indulgence calendar for your parish or group. are up.
In addition to this post both Calendars will also be available in the links section of this blog under “Catholic” immediately and at the WQPH 89.3 FM web site eventually.
As always these indulgences are available under the normal conditions which are listed on the calendars: The norms are as follows:
- Communion on the day of an indulgence. This can be applied to any amount of indulgences that day.
- Confession within twenty days of the day of an indulgence. Applies to all indulgences during that period
- Prayers for the intentions of the Holy Father (an Our Father, Hail Mary or any appropriate prayer) once
per day of indulgence.
- To earn an indulgence you must be in a state of grace (no unconfessed mortal sin) at the time of the
- Indulgences can only be applied to the dead or to the person earning the indulgence. They can not be
applied to any other living person.
- For a PLENARY indulgence you must have NO attachment to sin. If such an attachment exists the
indulgence earned is only partial.
- A plenary indulgence can only be earned one a day (expect if death is imminent), there is no limits to
partial indulgences daily.
- An indulgence attached to a feast day is still valid if the feast day is transferred lawfully.
- A specific day’s indulgence requiring a visit to a particular church or oratory can be made from noon the
previous day to midnight on the actual day.
- No unbaptized person nor any Christian who is currently under the penalty of excommunication may
earn an indulgence.
- You must ACTIVELY seek and or state your intention to obtain an indulgence for the act or prayer that
carries it to be valid.
If you want to know what an indulgence is check here or an entry from the Catholic Encyclopedia of a century ago or check out EWTN here.
We tend to get the government we deserve. This week a lot of people were wondering what they did to deserve this. The answer is simple: When the last election was stolen you went along with it.
So enjoy the $5 gas, the debacle in Afghanistan, the open borders, the crime and the terror attacks to come because all of these things we collectively as Americans have richly earned.
A lot of people are wondering how the people responsible for Afghanistan live with themselves. That’s easy. When you become a post Christian society then loving your neighbor as yourself is no longer a priority, nor is truth, nor is the common good.
All of these thing were stressed in Christianity and it amazes me that folks are shocked that without it they disappear.
Speaking of shocks I’d like to say I was shocked by the behavior of Mets players going after the fans for daring to boo them after their 3 1/2 game lead became a 7 game deficit in a month.
While ownership is unhappy the players have figured out that even if they lose a percentage of the fans it won’t be enough to keep them from making a nice enough living so they will never have to live like the fans they despise unless they do something stupid with their cash.
Milo Yiannopoulos is very sick with COIVD and is using Ivermectin to counter it. He may or may not make it. If he doesn’t it will delight a lot of his enemies but will disgust the great enemy as he has already moved away from his clutches. If he does make his enemies on the left will be upset and the great enemy will still have hope, but the way things are going it seems to me much more likely that if he makes it he’ll help grab a lot of souls out of his clutches.
I wish him the best either way.
Finally you’ve likely noticed a few odd posts here. That’s because I’ve decided it’s better to have the occasional sponsored post to generate revenue that ads or banners that slow down the site. In the end the hosting and the writers need to be paid for and if people are willing to pay for a post (as long as it doesn’t violate my basic guidelines) I’m going to take their money.