Yesterday I commented on how both Stacy McCain and myself understand the secret of happiness by realizing that no matter how bad an individual situation we remember how far our families has come in a couple of generations from subsistence to comfort.
But our experience pales before the experience of Black America as a whole.
Think about this for a second. Newly freed black American’s in 1865 as a whole:
- Owned little or nothing
- Were illiterates
- Were considered inferior
- Had (in contrast to African immigrants post 1865) no national identify other than slavery
- Had no political power
- Had only whatever experience they had as slaves (primarily subsistence agriculture)
There was no real political class or professional class or middle class shopkeepers to support them, at best that were patronized by well meaning people who thought them lesser and at worst they were exploited to gain wealth and power in the conquered states (the “carpetbaggers & machine pols of reconstruction”)
Yet from this situation in 150 consider the state of black America now
Black buying power currently stands at over $1.1 trillion and is on the road to hit about $1.5 trillion by 2021. This collective buying power means that nearly $2 trillion will be flowing through black America annually very soon, making us the centerpiece for various researchers, marketers, advertisers, and other campaigns designed to influence black spending patterns.
- Per the NSBA in a 2020 paper 2017 stats from the national school board 11% of teachers and seven percent of SCHOOL PRINCIPALS are black (out of 13% of the total population) two thirds of black students graduate with high school diplomas.
- Black students and applicants at the corporates level are actively sought by companies and colleges.
- 63 members of he current congress are black (about 12% corresponding to the population) and that’s not even considering the numbers in various state legislatures and local governments.
- Black culture, black music, black literature, black television and the black church have provided a visible culture that is noted and powerful worldwide
- Black actors,, sportsman, broadcasters and prominent scientists, members of government are fully a part of American culture as a whole as are black Americans in every part of life.
Frankly the only places where black America is regressing is in Democrat cities many run by black pols and even that that the rising tide of black America lifted all black boats including those who were corrupt in the community as well as those who were not.
As a person who is a student of history I submit and suggest that no other society has come from that point from nothing as the black community and thus I state for the record:
The success of Black America’s rise from Slavery to where it is today is one of the if not the greatest Society success stories in the History of Mankind and is a peculiarly American Success Story
Now there are those in that corrupt community who would have Black America ignore this fact and focus only on failure and there are others, particularly in the Democrat part who would keep Black American in the plantation of victimhood and suggest to black children and teen that they are oppressed and inferior and thus need to be lifted rather than encourage and challenged but to all of those who claim the state of Black America is one of oppression I ask you these two question:
- How many of the descended from black slaves in America would exchange their lot with a Black person in Africa and would move there permanently if given the chance?
- How many of those descended from the blacks slavecatchers and slave sellers in Africa would exchange their lot with a Black Person in America and would move here permanently if given the chance?
I submit and suggest that the number of the first is negligible and the number of the 2nd is almost all of them.
That’s the final victory of black America, those who descended from the people who sold their ancestors into slavery would given anything to be in the position of the descended from those they sold vs where they are now. And all of this comes from the hard work of those slaves and their children who started with nothing and built a culture and society.
Take a bow black America and remember the people trying to sell you victimhood are the folks looking to build their power on you perceiving yourselves as inferior.
Don’t fall for it, you’re descended from giants, act accordingly.