The September indulgence calendars for those who have taken up this devotion that we stated on the site is now up.
As before both the regular indulgence calendar with names for you to earn indulgences for that day, and a blank indulgence calendar for those who wish to fill in your own names in or take it as a template to create your own indulgence calendar for your parish or group. are up.
In addition to this post both Calendars will also be available in the links section of this blog under “Catholic” immediately and at the WQPH 89.3 FM web site eventually.
As always these indulgences are available under the normal conditions which are listed on the calendars: The norms are as follows:
- Communion on the day of an indulgence. This can be applied to any amount of indulgences that day.
- Confession within twenty days of the day of an indulgence. Applies to all indulgences during that period
- Prayers for the intentions of the Holy Father (an Our Father, Hail Mary or any appropriate prayer) once
per day of indulgence.
- To earn an indulgence you must be in a state of grace (no unconfessed mortal sin) at the time of the
- Indulgences can only be applied to the dead or to the person earning the indulgence. They can not be
applied to any other living person.
- For a PLENARY indulgence you must have NO attachment to sin. If such an attachment exists the
indulgence earned is only partial.
- A plenary indulgence can only be earned one a day (expect if death is imminent), there is no limits to
partial indulgences daily.
- An indulgence attached to a feast day is still valid if the feast day is transferred lawfully.
- A specific day’s indulgence requiring a visit to a particular church or oratory can be made from noon the
previous day to midnight on the actual day.
- No unbaptized person nor any Christian who is currently under the penalty of excommunication may
earn an indulgence.
- You must ACTIVELY seek and or state your intention to obtain an indulgence for the act or prayer that
carries it to be valid.